Hasenbergl Munich

Hasenbergl is a neighbourhood in the north of Munich in the north-east of the Feldmoching-Hasenbergl district. On a clay mound four kilometres south of Schleißheim Palace, hares were kept for the elector's hunt from the 18th century onwards. The mound, which was formed during the Ice Age and today stretches west of the Panzerwiese between Dülferstraße and Aschenbrennerstraße, was called Laimpichl in 1697 and was forested. When rabbits were kept here for manorial hunting, the name changed to Küniglberg (1753) and Kaninchenberg (1812). In 1809, the gamekeeper's hare hut was marked on a map for the first time at Kaninchenberg. The name Hasenbergl has been in use since about 1900.

MIRA Shopping Centre

The MIRA Shopping Center opened in 2008 in the Munich district Nordhaide. The West, North, and northern half of the Eastern facades, was made of colored lacquered metal panels which were placed on the walls to form prisms. Since the sides of the prisms have different colors, the façade appears from the southwest and northwest in different colors. In between, a gradual transition takes place, so that the building changes dynamically as one passes by. In addition to the colored panels, the façade also contains panels made of polished aluminum, which reflect the sky and surrounding buildings. The façade construction was awarded with the “DGNB Gold Award for sustainable buildings" in 2009. The shopping centre was planned by Chapman Taylor. The responsible project architect there was Ruprecht Melder. Léon-Wohlhage-Wernik-Architekten was responsible for the façade design.

MIRA Shopping Centre

In addition to the colored panels, the façade also contains panels made of polished aluminum, which reflect the sky and surrounding buildings.

Goldschmiedplatz

Goldschmiedplatz is a multifunctional open space for leisure and residents' activities. It was originally a combined bus and train stop.

Goldschmiedplatz

Goldschmiedplatz is a 2.31-hectare urban open space at the northern end of Schleißheimer Straße in Munich's Hasenbergl district. It was originally a combined bus and train stop and is now an activity space and residents' meeting place. It was named after the founding family Goldschmied in the 14th century.

For sporting activities is built a volleyball court, table tennis tables, two chess courts, a boules court, a summer stick track and a large skate park are integrated into the surrounding park.

The 23,100 m² Goldschmiedplatz is located at the eastern end of the Hasenbergl housing estate in the far north of the city of Munich and directly borders the Am Hart Panzerwiese, a heathland of about 200 ha, to the east. To the south is the Nordhaide residential area.

Along the visual and historical princely axis of Schleißheimer Strasse between Goldschmiedplatz and Dülferanger, there is a promenade with various thematic activity areas, into which Goldschmiedplatz is also integrated. The axis that runs along the central divider of Schleißheimer Strasse is now only perceptible from the city centre to Goldschmiedplatz. From there you can see the towers of Munich's Frauenkirche, 10 km away.

Goldschmiedplatz is a multifunctional open space for leisure and residents' activities. The centre here is the Blaue Punkt (Blue Dot), the 25 m² tram shed managed by a residents' initiative of the Diakonie Hasenbergl, with the roofing of the former tram stop. A number of private and public events take place here, such as a regular flea market or the Hasenbergl-Nord residents' table. Next to it are a barbecue area, a viewing platform and a climbing playground for children. In addition, there is a community garden managed by Green City. For sporting activities, a volleyball court, table tennis tables, two chess courts, a boules court, a summer stick track and a large skate park are integrated into the surrounding park. There is also a sculpture by Hanns Goebl and the Hasenberg memorial, which commemorates the electoral hunt there in the 18th century.

By the roadside in Hasenbergl

As with every walk through cities, we notice very different things, also in Hasenbergl like in the Picture Fenced circus "Only with mask. Please keep your distance" is written on the poster on the left of the picture at the fenced circus in a northern district in Munich. A father with his son is talking to a teenage employee of the circus. On another image you can see the Berufliches Schulzentrum an der Nordhaide (Vocational School Centre on the Nordhaide) with, among others, the Nelson Mandela Municipal Vocational High School, training in business, international business and administration. The work "Baumschule" by the Rotterdam artist collective "Observatorium" was realised in the school square as part of QUIVID, the City of Munich's art-in-building programme: it represents a "tilted" classroom. The room was recreated 1:1 in concrete and placed on edge on one side. A tree was planted in place of the classroom blackboard. The sculpture transports the interior of the school building to the outside and thus gives the forecourt a symbolic landmark for teaching, meeting and education. It marks the entrance to the district and, with the seating elements surrounding the tree, invites people to meet and linger.

Neubiberg
Tivoli

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *